Club Ground Rules|
Although we try to avoid regimentation and encourage informality, these rules have been laid down to make training sessions more enjoyable for us all and to keep
within Council By-Laws, Caboolture Sports Club Constitution and Dogs Queensland code of ethics and rules.
Wednesday Night Training
- Dogs must be on a lead at ALL times unless specifically requested by the instructor during an exercise.
- Should your dog foul on the grounds; it is your responsibility to clean it up. The MBRC provides disposable bags for this purpose.
- Bitches "in season" (on heat) should be left at home. They distract other dogs, particularly males, and cause disruption to classes. Handlers are welcome to
attend classes without their dog to observe and hopefully pick up some helpful hints to continue training at home.
- It is recommended that you do NOT feed your dog before training. It is difficult for them to work on a full stomach and they are more alert
if they are waiting for food.
- Children are the responsibility of their parents and MUST be supervised at all times.
- Children training dogs on the grounds must be at least 12 years of age and be able to physically control their dog.
- Enclosed footwear must be worn while training on the grounds.
- No parking on the grounds on Monday nights.
- All members please respect a dog's personal space and do not go up close with you own dog.
- Cruelty or rough handling of dogs will not be tolerated while on Club Grounds. Penalties can be applied and may result in disciplinary action.
- Dogs are not allowed on the cement area unless instructed by the equipment officer or committee member.
- All members must report to the office on arrival to register that they are here.
- All members must conduct themselves in a polite and sportsmanlike manner and with integrity at all club event and in any related activities including while training on Club Grounds.
- Any alleged threatening or abusive behaviour, whether verbal or physical could result in disciplinary action and suspension of membership.
- All training on Monday night is to be in your allocated class. There is to be no individual or small group training outside of the classes.
Note that your instructor may from time to time break your class into small groups for various activities.
Agility Training Rules
- Wednesday night training is open to Instructors and members who are either trialling or have graduated to Class 4.
- Members must nominate points to Caboolture Sports Dog Obedience Club when trialing.
- Everyone must help put up and pull down rings (no exceptions).
- Names are listed on board for order of ring run outs.
- Each handler must take a turn in giving a ring run out (when experienced enough).
- Individuals must sign on in the attendance book and on the whiteboards personally.
- All new members must join on a Monday intake night prior to training on Wednesday nights and dogs are to be assessed for suitability for ring run outs (class 4 standard).
- Training fee is $3.00 per dog for everybody except Instructors.
- No loose dogs except while running the course
- Dogs have to be at least 14 months of age
- Dogs have to be Class 4 standard or to be already agility training
- All new members MUST join on a Monday intake night prior to training on Thursday nights and be assessed for control of their dog on Thursday night
- All Members must nominate points to Caboolture Sports Dog Obedience Club when trialing
- Members must help put equipment out, move heights up and down, put equipment away and abide by Instructors instructions.
- Training fee will be $3.00 per dog for everybody except instructors